State College of Beauty
Welcome to the State College of Beauty Culture! We are a nationally accredited, private, trade school that provides complete education and practical experience to become a licensed Barber/Cosmetologist, Nail Technologist, or Esthetician.
- State College offers job placement services and resume preparation classes, mock interviews and on-going posting of job openings.
- Individual academic advising sessions are scheduled at the end of the Section I, Section II and Salon Ready training and on an as-needed basis. Students are encouraged to contact any staff member for help solving individual, academic or career situations.
- Prompt attention is given to your financial needs. Our Financial Aid Officer can meet with you to explore your financial options.
- State College is a private school fully accredited through NACCAS (National Accrediting Commission of Cosmetology Arts and Sciences). Our focus is completely on Cosmetology/Barbering, Nail Techniques and Esthetics.
The State College of Beauty Culture has been in the downtown Wausau since 1966. The newly-owned 18,000 square foot facility offers state of the art equipment for:
- 3 classrooms including audio-visual aids, and practical workstations
- 8 nail stations and 8 pedicure thrones
- 8 private, facial/hair removal rooms and offer custom blending for facial products
- Student breakroom equipped with 3 microwaves, refrigerator/freezer, soda/sandwich machines
- Conference/Reference Room
- 2 makeup stations
- 5 bathrooms, industrial laundry facility and dispense
- Large reception area, room rental for parties (reservations required)
- 40 styling stations and 10 shampoo bowls on a spacious clinic floor
- Client amenities including: product education, XM Radio, added ventilation, assorted magazines & coffee.
We offer the following classes:
- Barber/Cosmetology Program
- Nail Technology
A career in cosmetology can be far-reaching and ever-changing. Stylists are in the unique position of never doing the same thing two days in a row! Because of the diverse clientele, stylists are met with daily challenges and opportunities in helping people look and feel their best. It is exciting and creative work, and the reward is immediately apparent when customers leave the salon happy and satisfied.
For those who wish to branch out from "behind the chair," there are many opportunities. Here is a sample of just some of the possibilities available to someone with a Cosmetology, Nail Technology, or Esthetics license.
- Haircolor Technician/Specialist
- Perm Technician
- Platform Artist/Designer
- Television/Motion Picture Hairstylist & Make-up Artist
- Nail Technician
- Beauty Advisor
- Image Counselor
- Vendor Sales Representative
- Cosmetic Sales Representative
- Department Store Promotional Artist
- Retail Distribution
- Product Designer/Development
- Vendor Education Specialist
- School Instructor
- School Owner
- Director of Education for Salons
- Salon Manager
- Salon Owner
The services we offer our students include the following:
- SCBC offers career advisement, resume and preparation, mock interviews and ongoing job postings.
- Students can attend field trips, specialty classes, job shows, and have weekly guest speakers.
- Individual and Academic counseling sessions are scheduled regularly.
- Students receive service and product discounts.
- Prompt attention is given to your financial needs.
Requesting Information From: