Academy of Beauty & Spa
Welcome to Bellus Academy | Poway, CA Campus
We are dedicated to our industry and committed to providing a premier education in beauty and wellness. Our academies are nationally accredited to ensure we meet the highest standards. We remain on top of the latest industry and professional trends through our memberships to professional organizations.
In 2007, our Poway campus expanded by 6,000 additional square feet and performed a two million dollar renovation. We now have a state-of-the-art training facility complete with the finest spa and salon equipment and instructional tools. The student clinic is mirrored after the five-star salons and spas that prepare our students and welcome their clients.
Our campus features:
• Professional reception and retail boutique stocked with the finest product and experienced floor instructors
• Professional salon featuring cosmetology, spa pedicure and manicuring stations
• Esthetic clinic with private client spaces
• Massage clinic with private client spaces
• Hydrotherapy Tub room
• Vichy Shower room
• Individual freshman and intermediate classrooms for all courses.
• The latest in audio/visual equipment including flat screens and projectors
Exclusive Courses & Offerings
• Partnerships with top salons and spas Southern California - our students have the opportunity to participate in our exceptional externship program.
• Kits with the finest tools and supplies valued up to $4250.
• Superior "post-graduation" job placement rates.
• Renovated academy with state-of-the-art equipment.
• Vibrant student clinics where you learn to refine your technical training and retail skills.
• Financial aid available to those who qualify.
• Nationally accredited by NACCAS.
• Day and evening classes
Our customized 1600-hour cosmetology training is one of the most comprehensive course in the nation and includes professional training in all aspects of the beauty industry. Our dynamic instructors continue to evolve with the industries hottest trends and pass their insight and connections along to their students. We deliver an unsurpassed cosmetology education by incorporating The S.T.A.R. Precision Haircutting System Curriculum with our innovative styling and finishing techniques. This precision haircutting system is designed to give the best foundation in the art of haircutting. S.T.A.R. is the only haircutting system that evolves as the student's technical skills and creativity become stronger, providing support to nurture the novice to the master stylist. The S.T.A.R. iPhone and iPad apps allow you to learn anytime, anywhere by watching all the videos on your mobile device or computer.
This optional 150-hour course focuses on inspiration-based design and the creative side of our industry that will enable you to gain a competitive edge in both the salon and the editorial world of hair design. Upon completion we will assist you in producing a professional portfolio to boast your skills at the salon of your choice. Come and join us in this incredible artistic journey.
Make Up Artistry
We have partnered with the internationally acclaimed Make-Up Designory (M.U.D.) to offer their 150-hour "Beauty Make-Up Artistry" training course. We are one of the only academies outside of New York and Los Angeles to offer a professional make-up course at this level. The course finishes with a professional photo shoot to help the students start their personal professional portfolio and begin their career in the exciting field of cosmetics and make-up artistry. Graduates leave equipped with all of the professional brushes, M.U.D. make-up and artistry tools required to perform theatrical, airbrush and professional make up applications.
Holistic Health Practicioner (HHP)
Our 1000-hour HHP course is the most comprehensive massage and wellness course available. This course encompasses all of the practical and theoretical training you will need to become certified as a highly-skilled massage therapist. Students learn basic massage techniques along with advanced massages such as Thai, Shiatsu, Hot Stone, Aromatherapy, Deep Tissue, Pregnancy, Reflexology, Healing and Sports Massage.
Our basic 600-hour esthetician program offers comprehensive, professional training in all standard aspects of the esthetics industry. We blend authentic European techniques with cutting-edge American technologies to ensure our graduates can compete internationally. In most academies this level of training is only available by taking "post-graduate" esthetics training courses.
You will receive extensive in-depth training and hands-on experience in the areas of anti-aging and acne care utilizing advanced skin evaluation techniques, resurfacing/peels, microdermabrasion and other cutting-edge procedures normally found in five-star resorts and medical spas. Our advisory board states that this 600-hour program is the equivalent of five-years work experience. This advanced program is exclusive to our academies.
Our mission and educational objectives of our training programs are:
• To produce graduates who are successful and remain in careers in cosmetology arts and sciences, the massage field, and/or related fields.
• To constantly update programs so graduates can remain competitive in their chosen field.
• To promote the continuing educational growth of the faculty, using current teaching methods and techniques.
• To prepare the student to successfully pass the state exam (when required) for entry level employment - or - to prepare the student to be successfully certified by the academy (when state exam is not applicable).
• To provide advanced education and placement services.
We're Serious About Your Education
Please fill out a request information form for more information. 17½ years of age and high school diploma or GED is required.
Requesting Information From: